- Do you have extensive construction experience in management or supervisory roles?
- Have you completed post secondary training in construction management, building science, civil engineering or architectural technology, or, do you hold a trade ticket relevant to the construction industry?
- Do you have a strong understanding of the construction trades and how construction projects proceed?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then a career as a Site Superintendent could be right for you.
Site superintendents oversee the construction process and are responsible for overall construction activities within the established design, budget and scheduling guidelines. This can include planning and scheduling, organizing, directing and controlling activities on the construction site.
Site superintendents perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct and control construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Oversee day-to-day field activities
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Conduct employee orientations and safety meetings
Site superintendents spend most of their time on construction sites.
As with all careers in the construction industry, safety is the top priority. While on construction or other job sites, site superintendents must be aware of and comply with all relevant safety policy and procedures.
Training and Certification
The Canadian Construction Association awards qualified people with Gold Seal Certificates for several construction occupations, including the Gold Seal Certificate – Site Superintendent designation. For more information, visit www.goldsealcertification.com.
Extensive experience in the construction industry, including experience in supervisory, management or leadership roles is required.
In some cases, a university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology may be required.
|$34 000||$95 000|